We are in Ireland, or perhaps more acurately, we are ON Ireland. While I have used our camera for taking MANY PHOTOS, their capture is not complete and as images they are not going willingly, are in the grips of electronic limbo, defeating my pre-travel assumptions that I could upload, edit, and publish them in relative ease. Alas, dear reader, this is not the current case. You can trust that the setting is amazing and the getting here has been at times unnerving. For one thing, the roads of this country are not made for ignorant foreigners and oversized cars. Not only are these narrow fast roads, we are driving right hand drive cars with a left hand stick shift. And THIS is a complication we at least in part were expecting.
When I started this post, from the library in Dingle, Janet's Irish class was closing for the day. Now, hours later in the wee hours, unable to sleep because of unusually warm weather and a restless mind, I write without photos aside from knowing that I pointed a camera, framed an image and clicked. For now I will continue to try to figure out how to share many photos, in time I may content myself with just a few.
Glen and Janet
Ballyferriter on the Dingle Peninsula,
County Kerry, Ireland.
No comments:
Post a Comment